Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, March 5, 2020

We finally got some rain, bartering, new computer mouse

We finally got some rain early Wednesday morning, while it was only .77 of an inch this area really needed it. Later on that morning, you would have never known we had received any precipitation as the ground quickly absorbed it.

In the afternoon I headed to HEB to stock up on pre-packaged salad, spinach, and canned soup. While I was there I figured I might as well buy myself some wine for when I can not leave the house or to barter for whatever I might need later on.

I went to check to see if they had hand sanitizer but they were all out of it. There was a manager in that aisle and people were asking him when they would be getting some more. He said a truck was arriving that evening but he was not certain if there would be some onboard. One lady volunteered that they were out of it at Walmart.

Gypsy of On the Road Again fame is on her second year of planting a garden. I wish I was not lazy as I would like to try to grow serrano peppers especially now that the public is not allowed to bring them back from Mexico.

Gypsy if you are reading this are these the starter seed pots you are using?


Headed to Dollar Tree to see if they had Disinfectant Wipes and hand sanitizer even though I have some on hand again as a bartering item but they were out. They did have these other cleaners on hand.



I needed a new computer mouse but they are expensive so headed to DD's where I found one for $4.99 and did not have to pay for postage and handling had I ordered it online.

While there I saw an item near and dear to my heart :-)

A Betty Boop suitcase

In case you are wondering...No...I did not buy it, lol.

Due to the various cold fronts and lack of rain we have experienced this winter the trees are not as lush as in prior years. However, this beautiful tree behind AT&T cellular is coming along nicely.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



6 comments:

  1. Hoping the Virus doesn't head your way.
    Most people that prestart their garden plants use what are called Flats and each Flat will hold from Two to Four Dozen seedlings.
    You should maybe look for an External CD Drive for your Computer so you can load the older Office program to it.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The virus arrived in San Antonio, Texas a city 144 miles east of Del Rio when they evacuated infected people from the cruise ship docked in Japan. As of yesterday two new cases in Fort Bend County (close to Houston) came to light who knows how many more cases will be diagnosed now that the Governor took matters into his own hands at the slow federal response.

      Thank you for answering the question I posed on your blog with regards my older version of Microsoft Office.

      Delete
  2. If you'd bought that Betty Boop bag you'd have had to take a trip somewhere!
    Hand sanitizer? Want to make some?

    Take 2/3 of a cup of 99% isopropyl alcohol or ethanol and mix it with 1/3 of a cup of aloe vera gel.
    Mix them together.
    Dump the resulting goo into a dispenser of one sort or another.
    That’s it.

    Have a good Friday MsBelinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that homemade recipe for hand sanitizer. I am sure it will come in handy not just for me but for other blog readers as well.

      Delete
  3. Those starter pots would be great for you to start some seeds and you won't have to transplant them when ready, you can put the cup in a pot of soil and you should have a good start, the starter pot will just rot away and your roots can spread out.

    Thank You Rob for the recipe I have plenty for now as I didn't know I had a full bottle and bought another one. I keep the bottles of small sanatizer and refill them. I have one attached to my purse at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I thought JO since I am not known for having a green thumb this seemed like the easier way to go. All I have to do provided I am able to get some seedlings to grow is just put it in a pot of soil. At only $1.00 it would not break the bank either.

      I also refill my smaller sanitizer bottles. I bought one a while back at Dollar Tree that came with a carabiner that makes it easy to attach to my purse.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.