Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Home Depot, Beautiful flowers, Avocado tree, Expensive pruners

I have been wanting to make a trip to Home Depot for a while now. What was my surprise but to see wall to wallflowers, shrubs, and all types of trees.


Hanging baskets

Petunias

Plants that do well in full sun


More hanging plants


These pretty flowers that are shaped into trees have no idea what they are called.


I have never seen Avocado trees for sale here but then again I have not actively looked for any.  The one we have had for about eight or ten years finally bit the dust. I have been saving my avocado pits but I think it would be years before it grows and bears fruit.

Avocado trees
At $44.98 it is not expensive...the price varies by height.  It would take me years to get it (if I even could) to grow this high.


The real reason for my visit was to buy a pruner capable of cutting up to 2-inch branches. They were expensive before but they have gone up in price even more!  Needless to say, I did not purchase one.


 Noticed the Homer Buckets have also had an increase in price.


I also wanted to check out the price of serrano, jalapeño, and other chili plants as I do not think I can make them grow from seeds.  Was told they do not carry serrano but they do carry jalapeños...too bad they were sold out.


Tabasco chilis

Tepin Chili


Gasoline prices have once again gone down.  A gallon of unleaded gasoline was selling for $1.979 at Walmart.


This morning we had a shower and it was on the cool side so I wore a jacket.  By the time I finished shopping it had warmed up and the sun was shining.  We had a low of 55 and a high of 77 degrees.

I do not know what I did but all of a sudden my large print went to tiny...:-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




8 comments:

  1. Those reddish flowers that looked like little trees? They are hibiscus, a bush, there were a lot in Hawaii.

    I saw an avocado tree once, it was in Los Angeles and it was big. That was at friends of my parents, in their back yard. It was neat!

    If those pruners came from China it might be awhile before they can be replaced....

    Nice looking gas sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for identifying the hibiscus. Since you are the only person I know that has lived in Hawaii...I wanted to ask you a question. The other night I was watching Hawaii Life on HGTV and noticed that the realtor and his customers took off their shoes every time they went into a house...do you know why?

      I am pretty sure those pruners come from China as most everything Home Depot sells comes from that country. Darn that Coronavirus!

      Love the lower prices and if you are to believe the news they are going to go lower now that no one wants to travel.

      Delete
  2. I went to school in Hawaii from 1960 to 66 when we moved back to the mainland. My mom made me wear shoes to school, at school you had to leave them outside the class room so I went barefoot all day. By the 7th grade (Kailua intermediate School) I remember wearing shoes all day.

    The shoes outside is (my guess) an influence for the Japanese culture and a matter of cleanliness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat to have had the opportunity to live in Hawaii as a child, I am sure it was wonderful as a kid to be able to go barefoot at school. Any time would a privilege to live in that tropical paradise.

      I figured as much that the Japanese and Asian culture had something to do with it. Thank you for your answer.

      Delete
  3. Now you have me wishing I could plant an avocado tree, although I probably wouldn't live long enough to get much fruit from it. I really don't care a lot for avocados, although I buy them for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I would like to have an avocado tree as I love to eat them I do not think I will live long enough to see them give fruit either :-(

      Delete
  4. I take it you didn't buy any pepper plants?. I don't no anything about growing them as I am a whimp when it comes to hot stuff. You might be able to find those clippers at Walmart. I needed to trim my Ocotillo so I grabbed my clippers and was struggling, as I went to put it away I found a brand new pair UCK aging is no fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct I did not buy any pepper plants. While I like jalapeños they do not have the same hotness consistency as serrano peppers do.

      I found the other peppers like Tabasco and Tepin to be a little on the high side to purchase them.

      Last year when I was looking to buy pruners I did not find any at Walmart that were of the same quality as those sold at Home Depot but perhaps I need to take another look.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.