Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The cone of opportunity is getting smaller

From all the programs I have been watching these past couple of days, it is apparent that the cone of opportunity is getting smaller before all hell breaks loose and it will become dangerous to go outside based on data from the Italian model. If you need to stock up or run last-minute errands you better hurry up.

I did an inventory of what I have on hand and found stuff I forgot I even bought. I am good for six months. Since I have not been able to go grocery shopping in Mexico I stocked up on tetra packages of milk at Dollar Tree. I found a medium container of Nido powdered milk that will go well with all those boxes of cereal I purchased last month.

The boys only have a month to a month and a half supply of food. I went on Chewy.com and found their prices to be comparable to the local stores and will probably place an order with them.

I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for next week but canceled it. The last time I went out was last Saturday when I went to little HEB...it has been four days of self-isolation...funny it does not feel like it as my routine continues to be the same. I have therefore decided to continue the self-isolation.

I hope you have had the opportunity to prepare yourself for what is certain to be some very trying times. Stay healthy!

We had a low of 66 and a high of 80 degrees.  We are expecting thunderstorms this evening.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


14 comments:

  1. I went into the Lytle, TX HEB Sunday morning and they had the place very well organized. We did the strictly 15 items or less plan when got us in and out in no time. Not like the the people with full shopping carts that waited in the long line wrapped throughout the store. Organized chaos. I guess all those "preppers" are the ones laughing now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole town of Lytle must have been there! I have to give credit to HEB they are very organized and well-stocked in the mornings. Had I arrived five minutes later on the last shopping expedition I would not have been able to stock up on water.

      While I do not consider myself to be a "prepper" I am laughing at the people that thought this to be a hoax and now have to stand in long lines and can't even buy a roll of toilet paper as there is none to be had.

      Delete
  2. Even though they say Fourteen Days that is only for your own Isolation Period. You could still go out and catch it from someone else after that. Stay put for as long as you can and follow the numbers on Media. When the numbers start to drop dramatically you'll be safe.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying away from the crowds.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to stay put at home but after the 14-day period I do need to go pick up the mail though I will probably do it late at night when no one is there and take the appropriate precautions.

      Delete
  3. This website might be a good place to track the number of infections and deaths:

    https://ncov2019.live/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having enough for 6 months is good, waiting it out is about all we can do.
    China announced the flu around the 1st of the year (probably had it sooner but were keeping it quiet). I heard yesterday that they had no new cases! (Dec?), Jan, Feb & March.
    So give it a 4 month run... I'm thinking we are 3 weeks into a 4 month run.
    I just hope the internet holds up.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The evening news mentioned that internet speeds were being compromised by all the new users that were having to access it from home be it for working from home, schooling or regular surfing.

      I can not go online until late at night when normal people are asleep so it does not affect me.

      Delete
  5. I don't know if you consider The Washington Post as fake news, but I copied and pasted this headline from their website:

    U.S. and Mexico in talks to limit border crossings to ‘essential travel’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not consider The Washington Post to be fake news that is why Trump hates them so much.

      After Canada and the U.S. came to the same agreement it was only a matter of time that Mexico would also be included but always respecting the "trade agreement".

      Delete
  6. And, front page of CNN:

    US and Mexico coordinating on plan to restrict travel across the border

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider CNN to be the most respectable news network in the world.

      I do not know what your obsession is with Mexico closing its border but as you can tell...that was fake news!

      The key statement is that BOTH countries are coordinating a plan to restrict travel between them. Mexico was never going to do it ON ITS OWN and that was what I was trying to convey to you on a previous post

      Delete
  7. I should be good until the end of April before I need some supplies like eggs and maybe some fresh veggies, like onions and a few other things but will order online and have it delivered. I'm going to check out chewy.com if I notice Fred may run out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday I ate the last of my pre-packaged salads but I could not buy a lot of them as they would have gone bad. To be perfectly honest...I am glad it's all gone! :D

      I think maybe down the road I may buy an Apple computer because tonight every time I opened a new page I was bombarded with Chewy.com pop-ups.

      In Del Rio both HEB and Walmart offer curve side pick-up but they do not do home delivery. With this pandemic, it would be nice if they changed their policy.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.