Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

H-E-B is still low on some supplies

It was another gloomy day but at least it was not cold.  I got an early start and headed to HEB as I had received both an e-mail as well as a phone call from their Pharmacy letting me know my prescriptions would be returned to stock if I did not pick them up.

Since I was already there decided to look around. It was early so water was well stocked.



It was a different story with sanitizing wipes...




Cleaners...

 Bleach...


In case you are wondering what that white sheet of paper says...


I did not make it to the hand sanitizing aisle but was told they did not have any in stock at this time and did not know when they would.

The rest of the store was very well stocked so I purchased a couple of other items like salsa, chips and a couple of cans of soup.

I have been having problems with my computer as well as my phone. It has taken me well over an hour to be able to upload pictures for tonight's blog.  Blogger is also having problems so if you hit the PREVIEW button and you lose your comment...do not get upset you can still retrieve it...just hit the back key and you will see it. This is not exclusive of my blog it has been happening on all the other blogs I comment on.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



10 comments:

  1. We're seeing a lot of empty shelves as well and there are no Corona cases around our area.
    Hope you didn't forget your Prescriptions.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Corona cases are mostly in San Antonio but they do not involve the regular population but Americans that have been transferred to Lackland Air Force Base from two cruise ships.

      Just Tuesday night 100 new people arrived to be quarantined at the base. This does cause fear since many people from Del Rio and nearby cities frequent San Antonio for medical reasons so they are not in the best of health.

      No, I did not forget my prescriptions I just did not want to go pick them up last week as we had ugly weather and I just can not tolerate cold.

      Delete
  2. It is interesting to see what the stores and situation is like in your area. For the most part, people here remain fairly unconcerned and in complete denial of the coming crisis. I am now completely self isolating, even though they are SAYING NO CASES here. I don't believe it for one minute, although my chances here are better than most. I have done all I can for now, and that gives me peace of mind. I think the world we once had has changed forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local news comes from San Antonio, Texas. They had their news crews interviewing the citizenry about what they are doing to prepare for this pandemic and it is like politics...split fifty-fifty...some are prepared others think there is nothing to worry about. I would rather be safe than sorry.

      I just finished watching the White House address to the nation and could not help but think how subdued he looked, he was breathing hard or at least that was my perception and one of his eyes looked smaller than the other and both looked red. I could not help but think of you and the last comment you made at the time.

      Be glad you live in Montana and can self-isolate.

      Delete
  3. I went shopping Monday and the for the most part the shelves were well stocked. I didn't check much just wanted what I needed and left. But looked like there was toilet paper and I needed Kleenex. I asked the cashier and she said it was crazy over the weekend but they kept stuff back to stop people from buying out everything on the shelves. Smart move. Still don't get the toilet paper rush, this virus does not give you the bowel problem at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for the most part the toilet paper rush is from people prepping for the Y2K scare that thankfully did not come to pass. Also, it makes you feel good knowing you have one of the most coveted items that you could probably use to barter for whatever else you might need.

      I did go check the toilet paper and paper towel aisle and they were fully stocked and did not have that HEB notice which leads me to presume it has not been a problem at this store. I buy my TP in Mexico where it is much cheaper and I have plenty on hand.

      Delete
  4. Oh and yes I noticed he wasn't is usual screaming self he is sick not saying its the Corona but he has something. And the Senate already went over his head and started making some changes. All he cares about is the economy not the sick people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one who noticed that...there is definitively something wrong with him. Though I am sure the public will never know even if he did contract it...it will be "beautiful" just like the phone call with the Ukrainian President.

      This administration has dropped the ball with regards to this crisis...it is their version of George W. Bush's response to Katrina.

      Delete
  5. Stay healthy. Enjoy all your posts and observations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha Graham! So glad you are still reading my silly blog. Thank you for commenting and you stay healthy as well :-)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.