Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Day 8 / Another cool day

This morning woke up to light showers and cool weather. The sun never came out today. We had a low of 60 and a high of 74 though it felt much colder inside the house.

Today is Day 8 of my self-isolation. While Texas is not under mandatory orders to stay at home I think I am the only one on this block to do so. I see the neighbors going to work every day. There really aren't any children on this street the only ones were the rowdy/drunk neighbor's but thank goodness he made up with his wife and left town.

Apart from watching the daily CoronaVirus Briefing which was bizarre, to put it mildly, I really did not do much. I am very tired wish I could sleep like normal people :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


8 comments:

  1. Dallas County announced mandatory stay home orders last night. I'm 3 counties west of Dallas, but Fort worth will follow suit today I bet. So it's getting closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has to happen in the larger more affected metropolitan areas before this gets totally out of control.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you are getting a head start on the stay at home order. Hope you have enough supplies to go the distance.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the quiet times.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick, I am fortunate to have believed what reputable news outlets were alerting us would happen and planned accordingly. I have more than ample supplies on hand to last me six months.

      Delete
  3. I'm in my second week of self-imposed isolation and it is really boring and a heckuva way to live! I probably don't have many years left when it gets down to it, and it burns me up to have to waste one of them sitting around by myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that you are bored. What about your gardening and your Kindle? I remember you also liked to paint and in my opinion did it quite well.

      Delete
  4. They had a special report tonight on this mess and it's getting really bad here. I can't believe the people who live in this park they are constantly standing in the road in groups and not leaving much space between each other. What the HELL is wrong with these fools.

    I went on Amazon today to see about ordering TP it will not arrive before the middle of May and also the cleaning sanitizers. If this stuff is coming from a foreign country I don't want it anyway.

    Like I have said before the self isolation doesn't bother me one bit. Why can't people find things to do around their home I find plenty of things to do.

    Love Auntie Acid haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people just are not taking this seriously and think it is not going to happen to them in particular the younger generation. All those spring breakers in the beaches in Florida partying to their hearts desire...where are their parents?

      That is a long wait for toilet paper and cleaning supplies!

      I saw that Aunty Acid and laughed because it reminded me of myself and my baking knowledge :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.