Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day 14 / Strong Winds / A mystery

Woke up to strong winds and cooler temperatures. Closed the window and grabbed another fleece blanket. I have not been sleeping well lately so I forced myself to go back to bed. I think the howling wind made it easier for me to do so. It reminded me of the last time I was in Terlingua except for the fact that it was in a terrible windstorm and I was inside of a cheap nylon tent.

This afternoon I was picking up fallen tree branches when I came upon a mystery.  As you know the Spectrum people were here yesterday, it was three guys in two trucks and another truck on our adjacent lot (the one behind the cinder block fence) that is infested with mesquite trees so the guy had to walk in.

Why did they not connect this cable to the utility pole?

There were a total of four men running a new cable from a pole a couple of lots down to mother's utility pole and were here for a while. So why did they not finish the job? They left the yet to be connected cable next to the pole.  I am suspicious by nature and this is just adding to that. In case you were wondering the Irish guy was not among them.

This is not a good picture but you can see the cable coming from the other lot thru the trees and I followed it to the pole that is why I know it is not excess cable but the cable that was not connected.


I suppose this means they are going to make a return trip on Monday? This is very strange!

Today marks Day 14 of my self-isolation apart from going to the post office next week, I plan to continue our now mandatory shelter-in-place County order. We live close to the main street that goes into Del Rio so it is heavily transited. With or without shelter-in-place orders I have not seen a reduction in vehicle traffic. Is no one abiding by it?

We now have a fourth confirmed case of Covid-19 and I know this is just going to get worst.  I can not believe how those brave health care professionals in New York, California, Washington and other hard-hit areas of our nation can do their job without the proper protection.  It is shameful...this is the United States of America for heaven sakes!

We had a low of 52 and a high of 83 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



12 comments:

  1. That wire was probably excess that was cut off and they were too lazy to take it with them.
    That's a wise decision to stay sheltered because the Virus is still being spread out there.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No excess wire Rick, I followed the cable thru the trees to the utility pole.

      Unfortunately, I did not download the photos until I was making this post. In the pictures I have, you can barely see the thin cable through all the trees.

      Delete
  2. Doesn't it seem like forever since you have been able to just go out and about your business with no worries? I feel like I've been isolated and alone for weeks. I guess we will get through this but our country will be ravaged. The saddest part is that we knew it was coming and could have been so much better prepared. What a time in history to have an idiot in the W.H. who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess, unlike other people I never really went out except to pick up the mail at the post office and perhaps a quick trip to HEB or the library once a week.

      I agree with your assessment of what we are going through as a nation and I do not know if after this we will ever be the same.

      At times like this, we deserve a real leader who puts his country before his ego and personal interests. Sadly so many people have died because this administration ignored the coming pandemic and let precious time elapse that would have made so much difference for some that sadly did not make it.

      I wish I could say a Democratic candidate gives me hope but the two front contenders are two old white men. One with health issues and radical ideas and another who like me suffers from CRS...we are all screwed!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the cable dudes will be coming back. It is just strange. But looking on the bright side, think of all the free yard work going on.
    The orange pos is happy he is getting people to look at him and happy with 100,000 (his estimate) deaths. My question is why the GOP is encouraging this. I hope their karma is brutal and horrible.
    Supposedly, we are under shelter in place orders. I drove thru town today in order to drop off my rent check and folks were at the dollar store and grocery store lot was full. I have a lady who will do a grocery run for 15.00. She is not worried AT ALL about catching this. So I will see what I can get in a week. No way to predict what will be available in a week. I have had the offer for a free store run from my friend Lilly, but would not take her up on it because I would feel so guilty if she got sick.
    We are at 47* here. Feels wonderful.
    Stay safe, my friend.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I did not watch the daily Coronavirus conference I did see highlights of it on CNN where he blatantly lied about what he said yesterday with regards to not calling governors that were not "showing appreciation for all his work".

      Then to be happy if only 100,000 people die from this virus and on top of that to accuse nurses and hospitals of stealing face masks and medical equipment is beyond bizarre. I agree I hope the GOP gets what it deserves and that karma bites them in the ass.

      Today I was watching a news segment about people that shop and deliver groceries for a living and how scared they are now.

      You are right there is no way to predict what will happen in a week. I am seriously considering sending two checks to cover my HOA fees in case things get worst.

      Lilly is a true friend indeed. 47 degrees? You are having a heat wave :-)

      Stay safe as well Ms.Penny!

      Delete
    2. Meant to say "Daily Coronavirus Briefings".

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting. I like to know what life is like in your neck of the woods. (Is that an old saying, or what.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome JudithK. There is a famous person that used to say that saying all the time but with my CRS...I can't remember who it was :-(

      Delete
    2. I just remembered it is Al Roker.

      Delete
  5. POS can't even keep track of all his lies and he just keeps adding more I never watch anything once I see his orange face. This is a bad place we are all in and yet there are still fools out there like nothing is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part is that he actually believes his own lies even though they are on film. He shows no respect for anyone and frankly my nerves and blood pressure can not take the daily briefings.

      I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday and her niece who is in her 20's came down with the Coronavirus and is home self-isolating (in Fort Worth, Texas).

      You would think if someone in your family is going through this you would pay attention but her daughter (whom she lives with) and her grandchildren act like nothing has changed in their lives.

      This is baffling to me!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.